Use Different Units of Measure for Stocking, Buying, and Selling Items
To set up different units of
measure for inventory items:
- Open the Units tab in the item record. How?
- In the Home window, click Inventory & Services on the navigation pane.
- In the Tasks pane, right-click the Inventory & Services icon and select Modify Inventory & Services from the menu.
- Select an inventory or service item from the list and click OK.
- Click the Units tab.
- Type the unit of measure you use to stock the item.
- Clear the Same As Stocking Unit box for selling or buying
- Type the unit of
measure that you use when selling or buying.
- Type the number
of stocking units that make up a buying or selling unit or vice versa.
For example, if the stocking unit of measure is kilograms and the selling
unit is grams, you would enter 1000 in the first box and select Grams
per Kilogram in the second box.
- Click Save